• Native Trails is a manufacturer of kitchen, bath, home décor, and lifestyle items, handmade
by artisans worldwide from a variety of natural materials.
• Founded by Naomi Neilson in 1996, Native Trails is a privately held company
headquartered in San Luis Obispo, on California’s Central Coast.
• Native Trails partners with artisans around the world, particularly in Mexico, Vietnam, and
the United States. Hundreds of craftspeople create their products, often based on
generations of artisan tradition.
• Native Trails’ copper sinks, copper tubs, and bathroom vanities are sold in more than 1,300
showrooms across the United States and Canada, and through select online retailers.
• Native Trails’ global website allows sales to countries around the globe.
At Native Trails, we enrich people's lives and enhance their living spaces by creating inspiring products that combine artisan craftsmanship with natural, sustainable materials.
• Artisan traditions. We celebrate the culture and humanity that our handcrafted goods embody.
• Thoughtful design. We focus on innovation,sustainability and quality.
• Care of the environment. We influence the health of the planet through our actions, words and deeds; we
infuse sustainability into all of the products we create.
• Collaboration and integrity. We put these first in our relationships, with both business partners and
• Making an impact. We improve the community, both globally and locally, through our Community Trails
program and our everyday way of doing business.
• Shared prosperity. We have done our job well when we provide value to the consumer, while everyone involved thrives – from the artisan who crafts the product to our dealers who sell them.
• Native Trails individually selects artists who contribute their unique skills to the creation of kitchen and bath sinks, tubs, tables, range hoods, and home accessories.
• Native Trails’ artisans construct their products in facilities located in Vietnam, Mexico, and the United States.
Naomi Neilson founded Native Trails in 1996 to combine age-old traditions with contemporary design and sustainable materials, and to bring the work of
undiscovered artisans to homes throughout the world. Naomi broke new ground by helping introduce copper as a principal material for kitchens and baths, and assisted in writing the copper basin industry standards. As CEO and creative director, she leads the conception, creation and evolution of products, and continues to forge artisan partnerships throughout the world.
• Native Trails fosters a socially and environmentall responsible culture in part with its use of natural materials.
• Copper products are made from 100 percent recycled copper.
• NativeStone® is a concrete material combining cement with natural jute fiber.
• Wood products are made from repurposed barn wood, rapidly renewable bamboo, and reclaimed wine staves and barrels from local wineries.
• Native Trails’ sustainably made products—recognized with numerous GREEN GOOD DESIGN awards—also earn points toward LEED certification, a recognized standard for
measuring building sustainability in the United States and countries around the world.
• Sinks, including apron-front, bar, prep
• Coordinating sink accessories
• Range Hoods
• Lavatory sinks
• Vanities and tops
• Coordinating bath accessories
Home and Office décor
• Hammered copper top dining and conference tables
• NativeStone™ concrete top dining and conference tables
• Copper bath accessories
• Kitchen and dining accessories
• Talavera hand-painted tile
• Artisan crafted mirrors
Native Trails is recognized for its customization capabilities, creating custom copper sinks, tubs, range hoods, and countertops.
Awards and Citations
• Native Trails was the first company to have its copper sinks certified by the Uniform
Plumbing Code (UPC) and listed by The International Association of Plumbing and
Mechanical Officials (IAPMO).
• In 2005, the Decorative Plumbing & Hardware Association (DPHA) named CEO Naomi
Neilson its Manufacturing Professional of the Year.
• In 2011:
- The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), a national non-profit
organization dedicated to advancing the success of women’s business enterprises,
certified Native Trails.
- The DPHA awarded the Native Trails Bordeaux Wall Mount Innovative Furniture
Product of the Year.
- US Green Building Council (C4) gave the Native Trails Bordeaux Wall Mount the
Innovative Eco-Design Award.
• In 2012, the DPHA awarded the Native Trails Halcyon Vanity Innovative Furniture Product of
• In 2013:
- Native Trails earned the KBCulture Bath Cabinet Award for its Halcyon Vanity.
- Native Trails earned the prestigious GREEN GOOD DESIGN award for its Bordeaux
Wall Mount, presented by The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and
Design and The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies.
• In 2014, GREEN GOOD DESIGN awarded two of Native Trails’ Renewal Series bamboo
vanities—the Amelie Vanity and the Halcyon Vanity.
• In 2015, Native Trails earned the prestigious GREEN GOOD DESIGN award for
NativeStone Trough 4819.
Community & Philanthropic Programs
Community Trails: One of Native Trails’ primary business goals is to make a positive impact on the global community. This is not only achieved by collaborating with global artisans, but also by encouraging employees to participate actively with local nonprofits through the company’s Community Trails initiative. Employees can opt to volunteer on company time or raise and donate funds (matched dollar for dollar) to any of several charities.
Share the Love: In 2013, Native Trails unveiled its program that donates 20 percent of proceeds from each sale of select lifestyle items to environmental charities.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Decorative Plumbing & Hardware Association (DPHA)
- Luxury Products Group
- National Kitchen & Bath Association
- SLO Green Build
- United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
The company ships most product orders within 24 to 48 hours.